I’m passionate about engineering and that affects the way I look at life, even when I’m not working. This shouldn’t be surprising with all the things in every day life that needed to be engineered. I hope to offer my engineering influenced perspective on all kinds of things including but not limited to recreational pursuits, travel, food, photography and music.
Here are a few things about me.
Occupation: Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer
- Surfing (In the ocean, not just the internet)
- Digital with my Sony RX100II and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Film with large format 4×5 inch black and white film that I develop and print myself.
- Flying (when I can, as I have a pilot’s license)
- Travel, mostly local but I intend to travel more internationally.
- Playing the piano, I’m classically trained and enjoy playing from music and by ear.
- Tinkering with tech
- Electronics: soldering, circuit analysis, and Raspberry Pi computers
- Cooking (I make great pizza)
- Taking care of my historic house
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering From Walla Walla College
- Masters of Science in Aerospace Engineering at California State University Long Beach
- Various online courses including but not limited to electronics, probabilistic graphical models, data science.